The cab services have made our lives so straightforward. Now, you don’t have to go in person to the taxi stand and bargain with the drivers with the luggage on. The process now is now only so hassle free nowadays.
But, since the advantage is there, similarly some danger is also there. Be it a man or a woman there is always a little bit of risk of danger whilst travelling in the cab. Although the technology now is very advanced, the place of the cab can be easily monitored at the time of an emergency, but doing a little bit on your part is not in any way harmful.
Here are some points to bear in mind while travelling in the taxi.
1. Avoid taxis on the isolated roads.
2. Always be cautious when talking out your destination address to the taxi driver as it could be overheard by the people around you.
3. Carefully identify the taxi and the number that you booked.
6. Never have a rest in the taxi. Stay awake and have a look at the direction to check if it is the right way or not.
7. This helps in avoiding the odds of giving extra cash at the moment of rush.
8. If the driver makes you feel uneasy, pick another taxi.
9. Do not talk anything personal over the telephone to anyone while you are in the taxi as you might leak out some information that would be a sign to the driver to hurt you in any way.
11. Be alert while in the sharing taxi. Move out if you don’t feel comfortable.
12. Sharing a cab is a way to save a little cash, but do not forget the fact there will be a stranger with you and don’t know his intentions.
13. If you don’t want to reveal your house address, get off the cab few meters before your destination.
14. Keep your keys handy whilst getting out of the taxi and enter your house immediately. Do not walk home alone in the dark after departing taxi.
15. If you felt any issue or suspicious with the cab or the driver, don’t fear of telling it to the authorities as you may help to protect other people.
Whether a person is a student, working or an elderly, he/she uses the cab at some or another point in life. And, as it’s the best expression,”Prevention is better than cure”.